UK portfolio landlords - endless challenges
As UK landlords and property consultants we're hearing more and more from concerned UK portfolio landlords who are facing endless Portfolio Challenges like never before.
Many landlords are telling us it now feels as if the UK government is trying to tax and regulate them out of existence. With new laws such as Section 24 Tax - where many landlords are now being taxed on turnover instead of profits.
I mean how unfair is that? - to tax landlords like ourselves - irrespective of whether or not a profit is being made?
what can we do about the changes?
Well the first thing that's super important to do is to Make Sure we all Understand The Changes. Because it's only when we understand them all that we can work out how they might affect our businesses moving forward.
Different people are affected by the changes in different ways.
For example you may be a:
- Landlord who isn't too badly affected.
- Landlady who's portfolio has flipped from being income producing Into a portfolio that makes a loss.
- Landlord who's in the middle of these two extremes - but crucially needs to take remedial action.
changes to be aware of
Here's just a few examples of recent government changes
- Section 24 Tax - where property income is now taxed on turnover
- Tenant Fees Ban where there's now huge fines for over-charging tenants
- Section 21 Legislation - proposals to end Section 21 no fault evictions
- Capital Gains Tax - changes affecting tax payable when selling
As such we've written a series of guides to help you to understand all the changes.
You'll find these guides below:
why read these guides?
- UNDERSTAND THE CHANGES - You need to understand the changes. And then start to think about how they might affect you - in your situation.
- TAKE THE NECESSARY ACTION - Once you understand how the changes might affect you - you can begin to take action to protect yourself.
- PLAN FOR THE LONGER TERM - Once you've taken immediate actions you can make plans for your longer term survival.
Managing a portfolio is difficult enough without all the new changes in taxes and regulations.
So For A Great Head Start On All The Changes - Have A Read Of All The Knowledge Guides Below.
property consultant - conclusions
All portfolios are so unique and different and there isn't a one-size-fits-all solution to the recent changes in UK laws and regulations.
The perfect solution for you is to look at your own portfolio - and make the changes necessary to enable you to keep moving forward.
I hope you find these guides useful?
And that they give you the information and knowledge you need.
Sell your property portfolio
- No Fees
- Less Tax
property portfolio sales - getting in touch
Thanks for reading our website.
If you're thinking about selling your property portfolio and you'd like to learn more about selling to Property Portfolio Sales - then please get in touch for an informal chat.
You can tell us about your portfolio - and then together we can look at ideas on possible ways for you to sell.
Phil Calladine - portfolio consultant