Property Portfolio Sales
sell your UK Property portfolio
UK Property portfolio Owners
Sell Your UK Property Portfolio for more profit and pay less tax
are any of these affecting you?
Here at Property Portfolio Sales we're increasingly hearing from landlords affected by all the new government taxes and regulations.
- SECTION 24 TAX - Are you also now suffering the effects of section 24 tax - and has the profitability of your portfolio taken a hit?
- NEW REGULATIONS - Do you share concerns about endless new laws and regulations - such as the abolition of section 21 - where you'll be stuck with non-paying tenants you can't evict?
- MAINTENANCE - Do you have a long list of outstanding maintenance - and you don't have the funds - nor the inclination to be bothered?
- LANDLORD DUTIES - Are you becoming a little tired of being a landlord - and the longer you do it the harder it gets?
- SELLING YOUR PORTFOLIO - Are you also now considering selling your portfolio - and looking around for possible options?
sell your property portfolio via a structured sale
NOTE: this works with EVERY portfolio sizes and mixes (including portfolios with challenges)
Selling Via a structured Sale
A structured sale Plan from Property Portfolio Sales has incredible advantages for you over traditional selling routes such as auction houses, commercial agents, business brokers etc.
Not least because a Structured Sale Plan is 100% flexible to your needs AND because it works with EVERY type of portfolio sale.
All that's really needed is for you to tell us what you want to achieve from the sale of your portfolio - and then we'll start working on a Structured Sale Plan - custom built for your portfolio.
Here's a couple of examples:
- Let's say you run a full time business - and your portfolio is increasingly taking too much of your time - without actually making you any money. So now you'd prefer to sell - to allow you to concentrate on other matters.
- Or maybe you're a retiring landlord with a portfolio that's doing rather well. What you'd really like is to sell the properties to release equity as an income - and save yourself a fortune in Capital Gains Tax at the same time.
a structured sale Plan is perfect for both sellers.
Structured sale key features
Sell Any Portfolio
Sell your portfolio in any UK area. portfolios can be purchased with arrears, poor condition, problem tenants, negative equity etc
Sell On Autopilot
With a structured sale you put the sale of your property portfolio on autopilot - and leave the difficult selling work to us
Flexible selling timescale built entirely around your requirements. urgent selling requests can be turned around in 48 hours
Structured sale key Benefits
No Selling Fees
no fees to pay. Our reason for buying your portfolio is to grow our own business. we're not finding you a buyer and charging a fee
You won't be asked for a discount. Compare this with other selling agents who's savvy investor buyers will all ask for a discount
Pay Less Tax
your sale will be structured to take advantage of multiple years of Capital Gains Tax allowances - meaning less tax*
* Your accountant / Independent Financial Adviser (IFA) will be able to fully advise you on your tax position and capital gains tax allowances.
Many portfolio landlords haven't given a great deal of thought about how to sell their property portfolios
So they may end up selling via a traditional selling agent - and pay sky-high selling fees and taxes
However there's a much smarter way to sell via a structured sale - where you'll keep more of the profits - and pay less tax.
selling your portfolio - other options
As a landlord you have a lot of experience at buying properties and building up your portfolio.
However now you're thinking about selling - you might not have any real-world experience on how to go about selling your entire property portfolio for the best outcome.
You could end up selling your portfolio via one of the "traditional selling agents" listed below - who'll all charge you hIGH selling fees and demand discounts.
traditional selling agents
With all Traditional Selling agents you'll be subject to:
- High Selling Fees
- BIG Discount Requests
- High Capital Gains Tax Bill
Selling Fees and Discounts will come directly from Your Profits.
And you won't be able to sell if your portfolio is affected by:
- Negative Equity
- High Loan To Value (LTV) Mortgages
Because the sale proceeds won't cover paying off your mortgages** AND paying the selling fees.
So if you're in either of the 2 categories above then the only viable way to sell via traditional selling agents would be to:
top-up the sale proceeds from your own Pocket!!
**In order to sell a property and transfer ownership to a new owner you have to pay back the mortgages at the same time.
capital gains tax
If you're in the fortunate position to sell your portfolio for a profit then I'm sure you're aware that property profit is classed as income.
so Capital Gains Tax (CGT) is payable.
Capital Gains Tax rates on property for 2020-2021 are:
- 18% for basic rate taxpayers
- 28% for higher rate taxpayers
- £12,300 per person a year allowance tax-free
Capital Gains Tax now has to be paid within 30 days from the date of selling (introduced April 2020) -
the absolute worst thing you can do is to sell all your properties at the same time.
Because then you'll only be able to offset one years worth of Capital Gains Tax allowance.
so you'll end up paying lots and lots of tax - that you really don't need to pay.
An example to illustrate:
- Portfolio of 20 properties
- Sold for £3Million by higher rate tax paying couple
- Profits from sale £240,000
- Capital Gains Tax bill - 28% on all profit over £24,600
- CGT = 28% x £215,400 = £60,312
Is there a more tax efficient way to sell?
YES - SELL VIA A STRUCTURED SALE.
If these properties were sold (for example) over 10 years - instead of over 1 year - then NO TAX would be payable.
- Profits from sale £240,000 (as above)
- Profits over 10 years = £24,000 x 10 years
- Capital Gains Tax (CGT) allowance per year £24,600
- CGT for each of the 10 years = 28% x (£24,000 - £24,600) = £0.00
Tax bill would therefore be £0.00.
So with a structured sale - you'd save £60,312 in tax.
traditional selling agents - key takeaway
Selling your portfolio via the Traditional Selling agents means high selling fees.
Agents will introduce you to savvy investor buyers who will demand big discounts.
you'll be selling All Properties in a single tax year - So you'll be clobbered for tax
Property Portfolio Sales are looking for portfolios to buy right now in 2020
Property Portfolio Sales can put together a custom Built Structured Sale for you that's built entirely around your needs.
Our team specialises in buying portfolios up and down the UK. That's our core business along with an internal lettings team who take good care of the properties and tenants within our own portfolio.
Property Portfolio Sales are exclusively a property portfolio buyer - based in Lymm, Cheshire.
Experienced with property portfolios purchases since 2006 - total portfolio value of more than £50 Million
Phil Calladine - proprietor & consultant
Nicholas // Sussex
"I was in a tight spot. I’d worked hard to build up a sizeable property portfolio during the boom years, but now it felt as if it was all crashing down around me.
The biggest problem was managing it. Although I had equity in some properties, others were deep in negative equity, and some tenants weren’t paying the rent, so I couldn’t pay some of the mortgages. I was losing sleep.
The solution just seemed ideal. A lot of thought had gone into it. It was simple, but removed all my worries.
Since I decided to accept that offer I have been impressed with the way things have turned around. I have peace of mind. Rather than being financially ruined, I got a small payment up front, have received other lump sums along the way (from sales) and have more to look forward to as the remaining houses are bought.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this company if you want to sell your property portfolio."
Sally // Devon
"I had 4 properties, and they were in poor condition. I was on the verge of giving the keys back to the bank. So glad I didn’t.
This has worked really well for me and I’d be happy to talk personally with anyone who wants to know more. Highly recommended."
Mark // London
"I signed the paperwork for the sale of my property portfolio in December 2016. I was too busy as a solicitor to think about my 20 properties, which were intended to augment my pension.
Poor management and high service charges meant I had to subsidise the portfolio every month.
What I liked about our arrangement was the fact it gave me the price I wanted for my properties at a future time and all of my costs are covered for me.
Being able to focus on my core business has been invaluable"
CONSULTATION TIME" & "NO FEES"
allows you to fully assess ALL available options for the sale of your portfolio
You should try to avoid selling your portfolio when under any pressure to sell quickly - due to an unplanned change in circumstances - such as ill health or divorce.
With a structured sale you can avoid all of this stress - by selling your portfolio at a time that's perfect for you.
Which means you can put the sale of your portfolio on autopilot - and leave the difficult selling work to us...
property portfolio sales - getting in touch
To learn more - please contact us for an informal chat about selling your portfolio.
- You can contact us via: email - contact Form - 0800 77 234 88 - WhatsApp - whichever you prefer
- Once you've made contact - we can then arrange a convenient time to chat (FREE Consultation) - to allow us to get a better idea about your portfolio - and how to structure a possible sale
- Following on from this chat - we'll send you over our initial ideas
- And then it's really up to you what you'd like to do next
We're confident our structured sale approach will out-perform all other selling agents - so there's no need for any sales pitch.
Just lots of options for you to consider.